Sunday, October 17, 2010

Autumn adventures

Well, well, well! Here I am again...I was hit with a nasty flu last Sunday, and have slowly begun to feel better.  Everything ached everywhere! and I'm still having difficulty sleeping at night, and do not have much energy during the day...this gets us to today where I've done my first layout in over a week!  I've gotten some cards done.  Our family is also going through some losses this weekend.  My aunt Marilyn Archer of Calgary lost her very courageous battle with cancer on Thursday evening, and Brad's aunt Jean Seaton of Cambridge died last evening also having battled with cancer.  It is a sad house right now, but life will move forward.  Jean's funeral is set for Wednesday at 11, while Marilyn's is on Tuesday.  My parents were able to fly today along with dad's other 5 siblings and spouses to be with her husband and 5 children (and spouses) and many foster children.

So today, knowing that both women really enjoyed the outdoors in almost any season, especially the fall, I did a two page layout of the adventure my family went on while I was sick in bed on Monday afternoon.  Our family tradition is to head to Waterloo to enjoy the Oktoberfest parade, but there was no way I was driving.  So, we watched it on TV all bundled up on the sofa nice and warm and cozy!
                                                                                  


materials used:  PP- Basic gray, Crate paper; cardstock - Bazzill; stamps - Studio g; Ink - Tim Holtz (walnut stain, forest moss, rusty hinge); black brads - MME; colour copy of passport; tread: - Coats; green ribbon - Ruban; twine; title, other ribbon, 3 leaves, buttons, fabric flower, and doilies - all from a fall themed swap held at The Scrapping Nook Ltd.  in Welland. ~ thanks Ladies! ~  this was based on a sketch by Becky Fleck's Pagemaps October 2010



And here is the card I had made for Aunt Jean - we were planning on visiting on Tuesday.  So instead, we will be giving it to Uncle Doug.  When they were able, they came and visited, and I remember Jean commenting on our cute little cottage "way up north" - so we thought we'd take a photo of our fall display and put it on a card...this is what I came up with:





materials used:  crate paper, studio g and Martha Stewart stamps, unknown ribbon and staples, Tim Holtz walnut stain ink. 



TTFN
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment